Conlon Construction | Dubuque, Iowa
Conlon Construction Co. has been established in the construction field since 1903 and is currently seeking a Concrete Finisher looking for their next career move. If you are working in the concrete field and are ready to launch your career into a role that will recognize you for your past accomplishment and future growth this is your opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Forming footings, walls and boxes for concrete pours.
· Able to screed, float and finish concrete flatwork.
· Assist to construct walls, partitions, framing, and roof structure from wood, aluminum and steel materials.
· Assemble and disassemble scaffolding, ladders, bracing and support systems for structure and for employees to work from.
· Grind and grout floors or walls of structure for reinforcements or aesthetics.
· Line and cover structure with insulating materials.
· May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
· Has ability to work independently greater than ninety percent of the time along with the ability to recognize the next step in the building process and act on that next step.
· Conducts quality verification and assist other employees with the construction process.
· Keep work area in clean and safe condition while complying with all state and federal safety regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conlon Construction Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to promoting equitable business practices and adhering to principles of social justice. It is the policy of Conlon Construction Co. to offer employment to the best person for the position regardless of race, gender, ethnicity or nationality, sexual orientation, gender expression, religion or beliefs, age, medical history, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. This policy extends to all prospective and current employees, vendors, contractors, and visitors both in the office and in the field.