Conlon Construction Co. is currently seeking an entry-level Project Engineer to work closely with the Project Manager and site Superintendent on an upcoming project in Dubuque, Iowa. This is the perfect position for a recent college graduate to gain hands-on experience on a large commercial project. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Work on site directly with site Superintendent and subcontractors
· Assist with procuring Owner-purchased materials and schedule product deliveries
· Manage the submittal and RFI process
· Review and maintain project logs, documentation, and reports
· Communicate with Owner, Architect, Engineer, Subcontractors and Suppliers
· Attend all project meetings
· Manage change order process and invoice approval
· Assist PM and Superintendent with updating project schedule
· Help monitor site safety
· Assist with creating, monitoring, and updating punch list
· Assist with project close-out and start-up training
· Familiar with Microsoft Office and Project Management software
Qualified candidates will have a four-year degree in construction management, engineering, or related field. A two-year degree in construction management and 3-5 years of experience will be considered. Strong communication, organization, analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
Conlon Construction Co. offers competitive salary and PTO, Medical/Dental benefits, 401(k), and career advancement through training and development opportunities. Conlon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be willing to consent to a post-offer drug screen.
Conlon Construction Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to promoting equitable business practices and adhering to principles of social justice. It is the policy of Conlon Construction Co. to offer employment to the best person for the position regardless of race, gender, ethnicity or nationality, sexual orientation, gender expression, religion or beliefs, age, medical history, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. This policy extends to all prospective and current employees, vendors, contractors, and visitors both in the office and in the field.