The Kretschmer Building in downtown Dubuque, Iowa, is part of the historic Millwork District.
The Kretschmer Building dates to the late 1800s and was gutted by a fire at the turn of the century. The interior was reconstructed with a cast-in-place concrete framework to stabilize the building. New design completed an entire overhaul of the facility into modern apartments with a historic feel. A central atrium was created in the core of the building opening up the interior to more natural light via the primary light-well. The rooftop area includes a newly designed rooftop patio and vestibule for event space, as well as a pitched central skylight. Lower floor amenities include a golf simulator and mezzanine areas.
- Historic Tax Credit Project
- Part of City of Dubuque Historic Millwork District
- Mezzanines Added to Lower Floor Units
- Integrated Design with General Contractor
- Custom Installations of Nearly Every Building Element
Future Forward. Conlon.